Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on prevention against diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers: IXIARO®/JESPECT® indicated for the prevention of Japanese encephalitis and DUKORAL® indicated for the prevention of cholera and, in some countries, prevention of diarrhea caused by ETEC. The Company has various vaccines in development including unique vaccines against Lyme disease, chikungunya and COVID-19. Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the US with over 500 employees.
An opportunity has arisen at Valneva Scotland for an HR Manager.
Lead and manage HR team to ensure all HR systems and processes for the Company are being developed and executed in a compliant manner. Provide full strategic HR support to the site and Director HR and HSE, ensuring an approachable and professional HR service to all, which offers effective solutions for business needs. Advising and coaching Line Managers, Function Heads and other customers in the efficient and consistent application of HR policies and procedures which reflect business needs and current legislation, including advising SE team and LM’s of updates. Maintaining a mind-set, which promotes positive values and behaviours in all interactions throughout the site.
- Represent and facilitate a professional, knowledgeable and current HR service to the site, encouraging the team contribution to ensure consistent service levels
- Lead all recruitment, deployment and HR contractual change processes
- Be responsible for the development, collating and reporting of key quality and business metrics related to HR and use such metrics to drive a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Manage and oversee the effective and qualitative data from HRM system
- Implementation of HR aspects of any major change programme in accordance with agreed timescales, deliverables etc. established for the programme in question
- Actively contribute to the development of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment across the site
- Advice to senior managers on appointments, remuneration, development, performance management, etc.
- Provide general day to day HR support on operational issues, with best-fits needs approach for the business
- Management of maternity / paternity and flexible working arrangements in line with legislation and company policy
- Developing and maintaining effective ER relationships with all staff
- Continually seek to challenge and make recommendations to the Director HR on new HR initiatives which are cost effective and support business activities
- Responsible for managing the annual performance management process including sign off for all G&Os across the site
- Attend and contribute to corporate HR workshops involved in the integration, harmonisation and implementation of new or updated policies and processes for business needs
- Immediately escalate any material breach to employment law or internal HR policies to MD
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Director HR and HSE in accordance with company requirements
- Educated to degree level / equivalent experience in HR
- Good understanding of business and strategy development processes
- Successful track record of relationship management
- Well rounded HR professional
- Working with senior teams on complex change
- Experience of working in and providing support in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Experience of coaching and advising line managers in all aspects of employee relations
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound grounding in the broad HR skillset and up to date knowledge of HR developments
- Focus and flexibility; comfortable with change and ability to adapt advice to each individual situation
- Emotional resilience; ability to challenge and provide guidance / advice at an appropriate level taking into account different perspectives
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills, particularly strong attention to detail
- Up to date and strong knowledge of Employment Law
- Effective team member in a multi-disciplined team
- Strong negotiator with ability to see multiple viewpoints and apply advice in right way
- Functional expert with drive to be a commercial influence for the success of the business