Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on prevention against diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers and various vaccines in development including unique vaccines against Lyme disease, chikungunya and COVID-19.
We are looking for an HR Coordinator to join our growing team in Scotland.
The HR Coordinator role covers a wide remit of responsibilities supporting the HR Manager and wider HR team with day to day HR administration activities relating to the entire HR lifecycle, including but not limited to recruitment/on-boarding, HRIS maintenance, employee relations, remuneration and benefits, performance management, employee engagement, and ad-hoc HR initiatives/projects.
The HR Coordinator must have excellent communication skills, along with a proactive approach and high attention to detail. This position will support across a busy HR team and therefore the individual needs to be able to manage their time effectively in order to deal with a diverse workload and conflicting deadlines. The individual will possess the interpersonal skills necessary to build positive and constructive relationships, along with the ability to work independently in a busy environment. Due to the current program of activity with Covid Vaccine development, the workload on HR is much in demand and this role will be fast paced, with a strong delivery requirement.
- Act as the first point of call for all general HR administration queries, including the day to day management of the HR Inbox
- Provide both transactional and advisory support in relation to all new starter paperwork, including letters of offer, contracts of employment, and all pre-employment required documentation
- Be responsible for the smooth induction of new employees, ensuring correct documentation has been issued upon role acceptance, and necessary arrangements have been made to attend required training and induction sessions.
- Ensure the timely provision, return, monitoring, and recording of documentation in relation to HR lifecycle activities such as probation reviews, annual performance development reviews, exit interview forms, etc.
- Assist with absence management ensuring absence levels are recorded and monitored in line with company policy
- Maintain HRIS database and regularly audit to ensure compliance is met
- Assist with payroll data entry when required
- Assist with the delivery of new HR initiatives and ad-hoc projects
- Maintain knowledge in relation to employment law and assist with policy updates when required
- Any other HR administrative task as designated by the HR Manager or Director HR UK
Why work for Valneva?
- A competitive salary, rewarding benefits package and the opportunity to work on a ground breaking vaccine project
- Real career development opportunities and an exciting career with an innovative, forward thinking vaccine specialist with family values
- Flexible working options
- Proven administration experience with the ability to support in a very busy, fast-paced environment
- HR-related qualification, or working towards
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, procedures, and legislation
- HRIS experience
- Advanced capability in Microsoft Office; in particular Excel and Word