Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on prevention against diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers: IXIARO®/JESPECT® indicated for the prevention of Japanese encephalitis and DUKORAL® indicated for the prevention of cholera and, in some countries, prevention of diarrhea caused by ETEC. The Company has various vaccines in development including unique vaccines against Lyme disease, chikungunya and COVID-19. Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the US with over 500 employees.
An opportunity has arisen in Valneva Scotland’s Technical Operations Department for an Administrative Co-ordinator (reporting to the Head of Technical Operations Scotland) on a permanent basis.
To liaise between operations and support departments (Manufacturing, Engineering, SCM, QC and QA) ensuring co-ordination of tasks and key deliverables to ensure that manufacturing deliver against the master planning schedule, quality management systems and execution of ancillary activities which are required to manufacture products. Providing administrative support to the Site Director and Site Executive Team and Site Visitors. Ensuring that reception is always adequately covered. Supporting the Site with Admin duties including arranging travel.
- Custodian of the Manufacturing batch tracker:
- Ensuring all batch records to be delivered to QA for review on time, reviewed by QA on time, comments addressed by manufacturing on time. If actions are not met escalate at the appropriate meeting or to the appropriate manager.
- Implement and ensure that there is effective tracking of document management systems within manufacturing according to defined metrics.
- Ensure awareness of key quality and business metrics for manufacturing, highlighting delivery to plan to manufacturing staff.
- Conduct all activities in the most careful and safe manner and in full compliance with HSE & GMP requirements.
- Ensure support is provided for maintaining any training matrices within Manufacturing.
- Ensure manufacturing documentation is archived appropriately if required to assist.
- Ensure all Manufacturing batch records are dealt within controlled processes and progressed as quickly as possible.
- Project and task co-ordination as required.
- Ensure that the reception area has effective cover at all times during operational hours.
- Maintenance of the reception area to the highest standards at all times to provide a positive first impression to visitors.
- Ensure that all security procedures are carried out in accordance with relevant security SOPs.
- Site Perception/Support with high level of attention to detail for all formal catering for facility in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for kitchen / canteen / boardroom provisions and refreshments.
- Send out Site Communications as required.
- Responsibility for maintaining fire roll call lists across Livingston sites.
- Responsibility for maintaining phone lists across Livingston sites
- Provide Admin Support for The Site Director and SE Team, together with all Supervisory Board and Management Board Members/Site Visits from our Sites and Visitors /Site Audits by Regulatory Agents if required
- Manage travel for all employees and their visitors, as required, ensuring that travel arrangements conform to company policies
- Ensure all Travel/ Taxi accounts are checked and processed for payment in a timely order
- Maintain a good working relationship with our Travel Agents and Hotels using our Corporate Rates and using any Bonus points effectively
- Arrange Off Site Events as required
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
- Out of hours work as required
Skills and Experience:
- ECDL certified in Microsoft Office suite or relevant experience
- Experience of planning/organizing duties
- Highly skilled administrative experience, managing conflicting priorities and workloads
- Experience in organising travel
- Experience of working in an international organisation would be advantageous