Valneva is a speciality vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialise two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19.
Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 700 employees.
An opportunity has arisen at Valneva Scotland for a Buyer within the SCM Procurement Department.
The Buyer will work in association with their team in ensuring that all materials, equipment and services is procured in line with quality and regulatory expectations, with the most favourable commercial terms and in line with the Company procedures.
- End to end procurement, including contract & supplier management
- Purchase goods, materials and services from approved suppliers and in line with defined Company SOPs and protocols
- Secure the most favourable terms in regards to cost, quality, guarantee of delivery and continuity of supply
- Negotiate and improve prices and terms of business with suppliers continuously reviewing opportunities to make tangible savings and improve on commercial terms
- Manage purchase orders on the company ERP system.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, delivery timelines, quality or invoice issues
- Communicate and monitor any supply and/or service issues which may impact the business operations in a timely manner
- Work cross functionally and collaboratively to improve the performance of existing suppliers and escalate as appropriate poor performance and alternative routes of supply
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken with all internal and external relationships
- Communicate in a consistent and professional manner
- Compile data and reports relating to supplier performance and to enable evaluation
- Ensure training and QMS are up to date in a timely manner.
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment within the team setting
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
- Relevant work experience in a procurement role within a manufacturing environment; experience of working in a GMP environment would be advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of working with a quality management system
- Experience working within a procurement team managing a supply chain with a portfolio of complex products identifying and mitigating areas of risk
- CIPS knowledge and understanding would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience of working closely and collaboratively with suppliers
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Team player
- Able to build and maintain effective a collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Good communication and written skills
- Commercial awareness with an understanding of how failure impacts the business operation
- Able to manage time effectively, focus and prioritise critical tasks and to achieve set targets
- Able to work well under pressure
- Familiarity with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system would be beneficial
- Self-motivated, energetic and value driven
- Desire to develop and grow as the company expands