Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on prevention against diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers: IXIARO®/JESPECT® indicated for the prevention of Japanese encephalitis and DUKORAL® indicated for the prevention of cholera and, in some countries, prevention of diarrhea caused by ETEC. The Company has various vaccines in development including unique vaccines against Lyme disease and chikungunya. Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the US with over 500 employees.
Are you a flexible and driven person who likes working in the lab? Are you careful, structured and quality conscious? Do you have professional experience of small-scale cultivation processes? Do you enjoy a breadth of responsibilities and tasks and are interested in a service that changes and evolves over time? Valneva is growing and needs someone like you!
Valneva Sweden has a facility for the development and manufacture of clinical trial material. The projects can be either for internal or external customers. As a cell cultivation person, you participate in the work of culturing cells in small-scale mammalian and preparing for upstream and downstream processors on a pilot scale.
Examples of tasks and responsibilities:
- Cell culture, virus infection, harvest and dispensing
- Sampling and cell culture analysis (e.g., microscopy, pH, metabolites, osmolality)
- Documentation according to GMP (e.g., writing and reviewing instructions and deviations)
- Participating in improvement work
- Instrument responsibility and maintenance
Part of the work is performed in safety-classified clean rooms (BSL2), linked to our work with viruses.
Area: Solna, Stockholm
Extent: Fulltime. This post is a parental leave cover until March 2021 with Valneva as the employer
Start date: As soon as possible
- More than 3 years of experience growing mammalian cells in suspension
- Experience with cleanroom work
- Good Swedish and English (written and oral)
- Academic degree as an engineer, natural scientist or equivalent theoretical knowledge of bioprocesses through previous work experience
- Experience in drug production in development or commercial manufacturing
- Laboratory work with many different cell lines, both in suspension and adherent
- Work with viruses or other risk material
- Qualification/validation of equipment: Good experience documenting your work according to GMP
As a person, you enjoy practical work in various phases of development and manufacturing. You are technically skilled and have an interest in finding improvements and driving development. The work requires that you are flexible, structured, stable and have a good cooperative ability.
Does this sound like you? Your application is welcome!
Application and More Information:
Send your application to email@example.com by June 1st, 2020 at the latest.