Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19.
Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 650 employees.
Valneva have a number of opportunities for Individuals with previous clean-room cleaning experience for our newly built manufacturing premises in Livingston, Scotland.
Job Summary Manufacturing Assistant – Cleanroom
We are looking for people to appropriately carry out all cleaning activities related to production support for ourCOVID-19 Vaccine Manufacturing Programme, according to set procedures and protocols and to best cGMP work practices and quality standards.
You will be responsible for:
- Carrying out routine cleaning of the commercial manufacturing facility (and CTM facility as required) to a defined schedule of activities
- Ensuring housekeeping within the cleanroom suites and common areas is maintained to a high standard at all times
- Ensuring that response cleans are completed in a timely manner and to appropriate standards
- Processing of orders picked from stores into the cleanroom to ensure manufacturing schedule adherence and contamination control
- Supporting our Manufacturing activities by processing return of cleanroom garments, mops and other items as required
- Applying best cGMP work practices and techniques
- Immediately escalating and reporting any deviations involving materials, facilities, processes or procedures to line management
- Conducting all activities in a careful and safe manner and in full compliance with HSE requirements
- Supporting QMS investigations and any corrective actions and improvement opportunities
- Identifying areas for continuous improvement and escalating those to the line manager
- Actively contributing to the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment within the team-setting
- Participating in training of staff in areas of expertise
- Be flexible to work shifts and out of hours work as required
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
You will have:
- A meticulous approach to all cleaning and production support activities
- Flexibility, as there may be a variance in daily schedules from time to time
- Previous experience of cleaning in a clean room environment (although on-going training will be provided)
Additional Required Skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to follow SOPs
As this role involves working in our cleanroom environment, you will be required to undergo a Health Screening procedure with a suitably qualified Doctor as part of our recruitment process. We also conduct a Disclosure Scotland Check on all prospective new hires.