Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on prevention against diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers: IXIARO®/JESPECT® indicated for the prevention of Japanese encephalitis and DUKORAL® indicated for the prevention of cholera and, in some countries, prevention of diarrhea caused by ETEC. The Company has various vaccines in development including unique vaccines against Lyme disease, chikungunya and COVID-19. Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the US with over 500 employees.
An opportunity has arisen at Valneva Scotland for a Deputy Head of Manufacturing Operations.
Responsible for Valneva Livingston Manufacturing. Assuring the department complies with GMP standards for marketed products as appropriate. Lead Manufacturing to accomplish management, co-ordination and planning of manufacturing / production to meet commercial requirements, oversee product lifecycle management. Drive the organization to achieve reliable, effective, compliant results within budget. Set strategy and structure for the Valneva Livingston Manufacturing function to meet today´s and future needs.
- Oversee Manufacturing at Valneva in Livingston
- As part of the Site Executive Management team – contribute to the site performance as agreed through the performance management objectives
- Ensure that all Manufacturing staff are appropriately trained and competent in the procedures they are conducting, and are in compliance with best cGMP working practices at all times.
- Ensure that deviations compliance (Quality and HSE) or business metrics are escalated to the Site Director and managed through change controls, investigations and CAPA´s in an appropriate, timely fashion and in alignment with Quality Operations
- Deliver against an agreed annual budget and monitor monthly statistics and compare to projected figures
- Actively lead the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment across the site and within the function
- Ensure continuous improvement, technical support is provided to the site to support site projects and business deliverables
- Ensure there is support for the development and validation of process steps, in particular for new projects
- Ensure appropriate US/DS process development for any new projects
- Supervise mentor and provide technical expertise, where appropriate, to Manufacturing departments
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Management experience of multiple teams and cross functional working
- Demonstrated high degree of competence in regulatory environments specifically in an FDA and EMEA approved environment.
- Excellent management skills and experience with a proven track-record on project, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Demonstrable experience of Vaccines and GMP with technical expertise in biological processes
- Experience of commercial Manufacture environment
- Exceptional organizational skills to coordinate multiple teams and objectives and deliver results on schedule
- Ability to maintain productive and positive relationships across departments and to ensure seamless team interactions
- Ability to make independent and well-justified decisions and promote quality standards
- Clear communicator with proven leadership skills and ability to manage and motivate diverse workforce