Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19. Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 600 employees.
Due to the increase in business we are currently recruiting for Facility Engineers for 12 month fixed term contract in Livingston, Scotland.
To supervise and execute defined, trained engineering procedures for maintenance, qualification, validation and calibration of equipment / facility, in compliance with applicable cGMP standards, regulations, techniques, best practice and business metrics.
- Maintain safe and available systems through supervision and execution of equipment, plan and facilities maintenance, qualifications, validation and calibration ensuring compliance defined by SOPs, protocols and procedures
- Apply cGMP / GEP work practices and techniques in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Immediately escalate and report any deviations to materials, facilities, processes or procedures
- Collaborate with internal customers ensuring clear communication on planned and unplanned actions ensuring due consideration of access, supervision, documentation, safety product quality or regulatory compliance
- Be accountable for engineering areas being clean, tidy and well organised and in a state of continuous inspection readiness
- Maintain engineering records, logs and documentation in a compliant manner
- Deliver actions required to ensure progression of investigations, deviations, change controls and CAPAs to agreed timescales
- Conduct all activities in a careful and safe manner and in full compliance with HSE requirements ensuring that at any time equipment, facilities and materials used in the area of responsibility comply with defined standards
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment within the team setting, identifying areas for continuous improvement to the respective manager
- Shift work and out of hours work as required
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
You will have
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience in relevant engineering discipline
- Relevant work experience in a GMP environment
- Experience in GMP document preparation, process execution, recording data and report writing
- Experience of co-ordinating equipment / facilities maintenance and calibration programs
- Experience in the management of environmental, health and safety issues, including permits to work
- Knowledge of Good Engineering Practice and process improvement tools such as six sigma, lean, FMEA etc
Additional Required Skills
- Good communication and skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team