Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19. Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 700 employees.
We are looking for a Global Medical Expert to support the activity of the Medical Affairs and contributes to the development of medical strategy and provides Medical input into Brand Strategies and Medical guidance and governance ensuring a successful product launch and support of further life cycle management activities. This role will act as project leader of medical affairs for the launch and works to execute the medical component of the Launch Plan. The Key objectives are to drive Medical Plan and its execution, which ensures that high quality scientific content and medical education efforts are executed to enhance knowledge, medical practice and equitable access to vaccination.
This role interacts internally with the VP Medical Affairs, Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) and members of the various Brand Teams and externally with Key Opinion Leaders and external other industry stakeholders (medical societies, international scientific organizations…).
- Develop the Medical component of the Brand Strategy, and develop a Leads the Medical Plan for the assigned products, in support of the Brand Plans: Develop and implement therapeutic area specific medical plans and publication plans. Develop the KOL and Stakeholder engagement plans for successful launch preparations.
- Take on the project lead for medical affairs in the Chickungunya program and drive all medical affairs related pre-launch activities
- Responsible to secure effectiveness, quality and compliance by enhancing medical affairs scientific engagement and fully compliant intersection between sciences and commercialisation.
- Implement and coordinate medical science liaisons teams, including CRM, insights and virtual tools.
- External Partnership: different external partnership projects (e.g. encephalitis society)
- Drive the development, attend and present at appropriate meetings (advisory board meetings, investigator meetings, KOL meetings, CME, Valneva meetings, etc.)
- Provide cross-functional therapeutic and product expertise to the Development program Director.
- Support the marketing and market access strategy for all Valneva focus products by being a key member on cross-functional teams.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the therapy areas by reviewing the literature, discussions with key Opinion Leaders and key stakeholders, participating in cross functional interactions, attending scientific congresses, etc.
- Maintain up to date clinical knowledge in appropriate therapeutic areas, and provide appropriate overall strategic and operational input into Valneva objectives.
- Take ownership of compliance for the review of materials for external sharing (i.e. MSOP-0045) and Regulatory documents for medical accuracy and compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure all Medical activities are compliant with appropriate Valneva code of conduct policy (i.e. DOR on HCP interactions, transfer of value and transparency reporting).
- Support the development / revision and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures as required.
Execute other duties as may be required by the Vice President Medical Affairs as training and experience allow.
Education / Experience:
- MD, PhD or PharmD and experience in relevant therapeutic areas
- 5+ years of experience in driving and managing the medical strategy for various brands in the pharmaceutical industry
- Clinical research and trial management experience, and be able to interact authoritatively with key stakeholders and investigators.
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills and to represent the company in a professional manner at medical, scientific and public events.
- Independent, self-driven, pro-active, extrovert and dynamic
- Ability to form relationships quickly and have demonstrable persuasive abilities
- Highly effective communicator both orally and in writing; can get ideas across one-on-in, in group settings as well as in presentations
- Exceptional leadership capabilities; ability to motivate, inspire Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong team player and know how to collaborate and engage many stakeholders across a large organization
- Solid negotiation and decision making skills
- Good analytical and numerical abilities
- Innovative and pro-active
- Strategic thinking
- Results-oriented attitude
- Resource management and financial skills to control budgets
- Be willing to travel.