Valneva is a speciality vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19.
Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 750 employees.
The UK Government and Public Relations Manager will be responsible for directing the Company’s policies and objectives regarding local, Scottish and UK government affairs. The incumbent will maintain strong relationships with government authorities and committees in order to protect and advance the Company’s interests, fielding all inquiries from government officials, including those related to the Company’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate. The Government and Public Relations Manager will also establish corporate strategies, policies and plans that align with evolving laws, regulations and standards.
The Government and Public Relations Manager will also be responsible for developing strong relationships with the UK media outlets and will ideally already have his own network of journalists.
In his role, the Government and Public Relations Manager will also support internal communications on the Company’s main manufacturing site in Livingston, Scotland.
To be successful, the Government and Public Relations Manager should be a highly articulate and excellent presenter with a deep understanding of public relations. The top candidate will be a strong communicator, capable of representing the Company effectively to government representatives, journalists and the public.
- Plan and execute local publicity
- Develop and maintain relationships with public institutions, media and influencers in the vaccine space
- Continue to build the VLA brand in the UK
- Track campaign success and media coverage
- Ensure brand consistency in all content
- Address negative press or PR crises if they occur
- Feed UK issues into global policy and messages
- Advanced degree in Political Science, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or another relevant field
- 10+ years’ experience in public and/or government relations
- Expert knowledge of UK, Scottish and local government functions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Established connections with media outlets
- Expert knowledge of social media
- Creative thinking with an affinity for innovation and problem-solving