Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on prevention of infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. The Company has several vaccines in development, including unique vaccines against Lyme disease, COVID-19 and chikungunya. Valneva’s portfolio also includes two commercial vaccines for travelers.
Valneva’s French subsidiary was created in 2019 and extended to Benelux in 2020. The Head of Commercial Operations manages Valneva’s commercial sales in France and Benelux, including executing defined commercial strategies, managing local team and delivering on sales and profitability objectives. The incumbent will ensure operational and compliance performance according to Corporate objectives as well as applicable internal and external regulations.
- Deliver on financials: P&L responsibility in the territory in-line with approved budget (sales, OPEX)
- Develop and oversee execution of country (or regional) product commercialization strategies and plans
- Develop and execute local Business and Marketing Plans – clearly define strategic and tactical plans corresponding to achievement of sales budget and in alignment with Global Brand Plans and campaigns
- Manage the local commercial operating business including day-to-day leadership of local teams functionally reporting to global functions (e.g. S&Ops planning, distribution logistics, Quality & Regulation Compliance, Finance)
- Represent the Company and establish strong relationships with KOLs, customers and other key stakeholders according to Company policies and procedures, as well as local regulations
- Manage commercial agreements with distribution and logistics partners, ensuring business performance based on agreed contractual terms, business continuity and sustainability
- Ensure effective quality oversight of internal and external sales, marketing, distribution and logistics activities verifying that systems, procedures and standards are defined, being adhered to, are operating effectively and comply with local regulatory requirements
- Take part in scientific integrity and compliance of promotional materials and specifically clinical data used in collaboration with the Pharmacien Responsable.
- Recruit, manage and develop employees, including marketing and sales force, such that the entity is adequately provided with trained, motivated staff who are able to meet requirements
- Provide input and guidance to Global Marketing & Medical functions to support constructive collaboration and development of global campaigns
- Scan for and identify product in-licensing opportunities to enhance the local product offering
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in general business management and/or sales & marketing and financial oversight in the pharmaceutical industry/life science sector
- Knowledge of the vaccine market structure and stakeholders (i.e., customers, KOLs, agencies, etc.) in France; such knowledge related to Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg is strongly preferred
- Proven experience in networking and negotiating at the executive level in the vaccine field
- Experience and knowledge in the vaccine sector preferred
- Degree in Business or Life Sciences, MBA preferred
- Proven experience in people management
- Permanent, full-time position based in Lyon, France.
- Travel is national and International
email@example.com – Reference FR-HCOMOP
Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on prevention of infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. The Company has several vaccines in development, including unique vaccines against Lyme disease, COVID-19 and chikungunya. Valneva’s portfolio also includes two commercial vaccines for travelers. Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with approximately 580 employees.