Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19.
Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 700 employees.
Are you a forward thinker with exceptional leadership skills? Do you have a background as a HS Manager and thrive in getting the best out of the people you work with? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager to support our organisational safety strategy, overseeing H&S policies and regulations to ensure they are fully adhered to as we move forward with our vaccine manufacturing. You will continually strive to ensure Valneva meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, and welfare at work.
You would be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Working with and training all employees to manage, monitor and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace
- Working with the Head of Facility Management to ensure requirements for; Building regulations, fire safety, electrical safety, contractors permit to work systems, Legionella and pressure systems regulations are complied with
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents and near hits are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Establish a structured health and safety system in compliance with health and safety legislation
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Director, Executive Management Team and Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities
What we’re looking for:
The ideal HSE Manager will come from a STEM background and possess relevant health and safety experience within the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry or other related industries, as well as a post graduate qualification in Health and Safety (NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ Level 5 Diploma).
Previous line management experience is advantageous. Above all, you will possess exceptional relationship and developmental skills, and will have a track record of promoting a safe working culture within your organisation.