Do you have a background within Health and Safety and thrive in getting the best out of the people you work with? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Valneva is an award-winning, speciality vaccine company providing prevention against diseases with major unmet medical needs, and we are currently hiring a Health & Safety Adviser to join us during this unprecedented time of growth.
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Health & Safety Adviser to support our organisational safety strategy, overseeing H&S policies and regulations to ensure they are fully adhered to as we move into the clinical development stages of our Covid-19 vaccine. You will continually strive to ensure Valneva meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, and welfare at work.
You would be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Assist with the delivery of Health and Safety Inductions for all new employees
- Updating EHS databases for health and safety accident, incident and Hear Hit events
- Maintenance of EHS records including induction and training documentation, inspection records, accident files and follow-up action points, statistical records
- Support responsible heads of department to complete HSE Event reports and investigations
- Assist in setting up training sessions, prepare paperwork and file paperwork when complete
- Assist with the Tool Box Schedule for the site and present tool box talks
- Updating statistics in relation to safe work hours, SORs, accidents, incidents,
- Advising and supporting employees to minimise or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the workplace
- Support the health and safety advisor in preparation of data for inclusion in the corporate social responsibility report
Why work for Valneva?
- A competitive salary, rewarding benefits package and the opportunity to work on a ground breaking vaccine project
- Real career development opportunities and a life-long career with an innovative, forward thinking vaccine specialist with family values
- Flexible working options
What we’re looking for:
The ideal HS Adviser come from a STEM background and have possess relevant health and safety experience within the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry or other related industries and good knowledge of environmental, health and safety practices and standards. Above all, you will possess exceptional relationship and developmental skills, and will have a track record of promoting a safe working culture within your organisation
Valneva, established in 2013, is an award-winning, speciality vaccine company providing prevention against diseases with major unmet medical needs. Our Company has a growing commercial business with two successful vaccines for travellers, and our focused pipeline includes; the only Lyme disease vaccine candidate in clinical development today, a single-shot chikungunya vaccine candidate and an inactivated vaccine candidate against COVID-19.
We operate differently from players in the Pharmaceutical industry as we combine the agility and flexibility typical of specialist provider with the global coverage associated with multi-national businesses.