Are you a forward thinker with exceptional leadership skills? Do you have a background within HS Manager and thrive in getting the best out of the people you work with? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Valneva is an award-winning, speciality vaccine company providing prevention against diseases with major unmet medical needs, and we are currently hiring for a Health & Safety Manager to join us during this unprecedented time of growth.
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager to support our organisational safety strategy, overseeing H&S policies and regulations to ensure they are fully adhered to as we move into the clinical development stages of our Covid-19 vaccine. You will continually strive to ensure Valneva meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, and welfare at work.
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Working with and training all employees to manage, monitor and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace
- Working with the Head of Facility Management to ensure requirements for; Building regulations, fire safety, electrical safety, contractors permit to work systems, Legionella and pressure systems regulations are complied with
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents and near hits are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented
- Establish a structured health and safety system in compliance with health and safety legislation
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Director, Executive Management Team and Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities
WHY WORK FOR VALNEVA?
- A competitive salary, rewarding benefits package and the opportunity to work on a ground breaking vaccine project
- Real career development opportunities and a life-long career with an innovative, forward thinking vaccine specialist with family values
- Flexible working options
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The ideal HSE Manager will come from a STEM background and have possess relevant health and safety experience within the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry or other related industries, as well as a post graduate qualification in Health and Safety (NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ Level 5 Diploma).
Previous line management experience is advantageous. Above all, you will possess exceptional relationship and developmental skills, and will have a track record of promoting a safe working culture within your organisation
Valneva, established in 2013, is an award-winning, speciality vaccine company providing prevention against diseases with major unmet medical needs. Our Company has a growing commercial business with two successful vaccines for travellers, and our focused pipeline includes: the only Lyme disease vaccine candidate in clinical development today, a single-shot chikungunya vaccine candidate and an inactivated vaccine candidate against COVID-19.
We operate differently from players in the Pharmaceutical industry as we combine the agility and flexibility typical of specialist provider with the global coverage associated with multi-national businesses.