Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19.
Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 600 employees.
An opportunity has arisen within Valneva Scotland’s for an Inventory Manager to work within our Supply Chain Management Department in Livingston.
To ensure the receipt, storage and movement of all raw materials and finished bulk is executed in line with GMP and regulatory requirements to achieve key business objectives. To ensure a high level of compliance for the facility operations and maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Relevant experience in warehousing & logistics, ideally in a regulated environment
- Experience within a quality driven manufacturing environment
- Awareness of health & safety principles
- Developing and implementing SOPs and work instructions and other quality related documentation
- Knowledge of working with ERP or relevant systems
- Knowledge of process excellence techniques (5S/Lean/Six Sigma) is beneficial
- Experience in data management including a working understanding of KPIs and metrics
- Ability to lead, motivate, inspire and develop teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Management skills and experience with proven track record on project and continuous improvement management
- Ability to use initiative and be decisive working with tight deadlines
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
- Display enthusiasm, flexibility and an innovative attitude
- Organise and control the efficient and compliant receipt and storage of all raw materials, maintaining all systems and documentation.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to manage effective material flow according to stock levels and demand fluctuations
- Support the definition of the inventory strategy through collaboration with Procurement team
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping and organisation within all warehouse areas
- Ensure all waste is stored and disposed of according to regulations, introducing efficiencies and cost savings where possible
- Deliver against annual SCM budget and monitor monthly stats
- Manage all Livingston transportation of Bulk material ensuring compliance
- Assume responsibility for delivery of key transportation metrics
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure transportation requirements are fully met and filling operations are planned and executed effectively according to the MPS
- Manage the compliant transportation of materials between all internal and external storage areas and facilities
- Provide day-to-day management of the department and contribute to an environment of energy, enthusiasm, empowerment and motivation. Implement teamwork practices to ensure the department is operating within GMP requirements at all times
- Take accountability for the budget & performance of the Stores teams, adapting plans and priorities as required to address resource and operational challenges
- Responsible for maintaining Quality Management, Compliance & GMP systems within own department and throughout the wider business
- Manage the recruitment, training, continuous development, discipline and performance management of the Stores teams
- Participate in a programme of continuous training and assessment to maintain and develop skills
- Perform any other duties as reasonably requested from the Company from time to time
- Provide administrative support for project meetings, generating minutes / trackers and following up on actions
- Provide administrative support for site audit and inspections