Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19.
Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 700 employees.
An opportunity has arisen in Livingston for Manufacturing Process Technicians.
We are currently operating a variety of shift patterns (both 8 hour and 12 hour patterns) , all will include some form of weekend working.
The purpose of this role is to execute defined and trained manufacturing steps for the large-scale production of a Covid-19 vaccine candidate, according to set procedures and protocols whilst adhering to best cGMP work practices and Quality standards.
- Execute production steps defined by SOPs, production records and protocols for manufacture of our Covid-19 vaccine candidate
- Setting up, operating and monitoring complex manufacturing equipment
- Apply best cGMP work practices and techniques
- Conduct on-time reporting according to defined document management standards
- Immediately escalate and report any deviations to materials, facilities, processes or procedures to the supervising team
- Conduct all activities in the most careful and safe manner and in full compliance with HSE requirements
- Ensure that at any time, equipment, facilities and materials used in the area of responsibility comply with defined standards
- Support change controls & investigations in the most diligent manner
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and escalate those to the respective manufacturing supervisor or appropriate line manager
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment within the team setting
- Choose & commit to work one of the various shift patterns on offer
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
- Be accountable that the individual workspace is clean, tidy and well organised
- Relevant degree, HNC/HND or equivalent experience
- Experience as a key operator on setting up and operating complex manufacturing equipment
- Cleanroom experience
- Experience of working within a cGMP environment
- Experience of following SOPs within defined cGMP work practices
- Self-motivated individual
- Good attention to detail and complete adherence to procedures
- Ability to execute activities following direction
- Excellent behaviour and demeanour in a cleanroom environment
- Experience of working in a busy team and demanding environment