In exceptional times we require exceptional people – Valneva Scotland are recruiting for an Onsite Clinician to carry out routine COVID-19 testing for our operational staff. If you come from a clinical or nursing background with a point of care (POC) experience, we’d love to hear from you! Valneva is an award-winning, speciality vaccine company providing prevention against diseases with major unmet medical needs, and we are rapidly expanding our business!
We have a wonderful opportunity for an Onsite Clinician to complete our onsite Covid-19 testing, ensuring a safe working environment for all operational staff. This position would suit a nurse/medic or clinician looking for a unique opportunity.
You would be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Working with the Biological Safety Advisor/EOHS Advisor they would be required to establish and run the testing service for all employees on a regular weekly testing basis for currently 40 employees rising to >200 employees in 2021.
- Complete emergency testing for any employee who may show symptoms of SARS CoV-2 infection in the workplace
- Coordinate the health surveillance program liaising with the Occupational health service provider (Currently YOURGP)
- Complete testing and maintain all test records and test documentation to a clinical testing standard (GLP)
- Provide regular test reports for testing carried out to support Health surveillance program
- Ensure test materials and supplies are ordered and available for use
- Maintain test area ensuring laboratory is clean and all clinical waste handled correctly and disposed of
Why work for Valneva?
- A competitive salary, rewarding benefits package and the opportunity to work on a ground breaking vaccine project
- Real career development opportunities and an exciting career with an innovative, forward thinking vaccine specialist with family values
- Flexible working options
What we’re looking for:
The ideal Onsite Clinician will have a scientific or nursing degree with a background of working in a doctor’s surgery/clinic providing ‘Point of care’ testing for a medical practice. You will having an understanding of POC Quality system (ISO 22870, Point-of-care testing – requirements for quality and competence) or POC guidance requirements within the NHS. Above all, you will possess exceptional attention to detail and will have a track record of first class patient care.
Valneva, established in 2013, is an award-winning, speciality vaccine company providing prevention against diseases with major unmet medical needs. Our Company has a growing commercial business with two successful vaccines for travellers, and our focused pipeline includes; the only Lyme disease vaccine candidate in clinical development today, a single-shot chikungunya vaccine candidate and an inactivated vaccine candidate against COVID-19.
We operate differently from players in the Pharmaceutical industry as we combine the agility and flexibility typical of specialist provider with the global coverage associated with multi-national businesses.
To be considered for this role, please click the APPLY NOW button. Alternatively if you want to know more about job opportunities with Valneva, please visit our website https://valneva.com/careers/ and apply directly.