Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19.
Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 600 employees.
An opportunity has arisen at Valneva Scotland for a Procurement Administrator within our SCM Procurement Department, working on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
The Procurement Administrator will work in association with the Procurement Co-ordinator by supporting the Buyers in our busy Procurement Department undertaking general administration duties in line with departmental and organisational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist the Procurement Co-ordinator in placing all planned purchase orders (POs) with external suppliers via the Company ERP system
- Assist in placing POs for all other purchases, as and when requested
- Electronically file all PREQs and associated POs and quotes
- Support suppliers with PO queries
- Run reports for outstanding orders, non-confirmed orders etc.
- General filing & housekeeping
- Provide monthly KPI reports to management
- Assist Buyers with data input to contract registers
- Resolve and respond to any invoice queries received from Finance
- Any additional tasks requested by line management
- Previous experience in an administration role
- Proven track record of all general administration duties e.g. filing, updating documents and spreadsheets etc.
- Good MS Office skills
- Good attention to detail
- Familiarity with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system would be beneficial but not essential as training will be given
- Desire to develop and grow as the company expands