Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. We have leveraged our expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19.
Due to the increase in business, we are now looking to recruit QC Scientists to join our team in Livingston.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience working within a QC laboratory to cGMP
- Aseptic technique
- Writing and working to SOP documentation
- Analytical methods experience in a production-focused environment including Haemagglutination assay, ELISA, dye binding colorimetric assays (Bradford Method, Coomassie Plus), Electrophoresis, Cell Culture, Plaque assay, Western Blot.
- Assay development, validation and transfer experience
- Experience of working within Quality Management Systems which include deviations, change controls and CAPA’s
- Execute analytical procedures, for testing of raw materials, intermediate products and final products, according to defined SOPs and protocols
- Ensure that all necessary training is complete in the procedures conducted, and operate in compliance with cGMP working practices at all times
- Conduct on-time reporting according to the defined and trained document management standards including review and verification of analytical data
- Ensure the laboratories are in a constant state of inspection readiness
- Ensure that at any time equipment, facilities and materials used in the QC laboratories comply with defined standards
- Support change controls, investigations and CAPA’s
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and escalate those to Line Manager
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment within the team setting
- Storage of in process, and final products samples including, for stability and retention purposes
- Preparation of SOPs (where applicable) in accordance with Valneva Quality systems
- Perform filing duties and other QC administrative duties as required by the line manager
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
- Shift work and out of hours work as required