Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on prevention against diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers and several vaccines in development, including unique vaccines against Lyme disease, chikungunya and COVID-19.
Do you have a background within Quality Control and thrive in getting the best out of the people you work with? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Valneva is an award-winning, speciality vaccine company providing prevention against diseases with major unmet medical needs, and we are currently hiring for a Quality Control Tech to join us during this unprecedented time of growth.
- Manage and co-ordinate QMS to ensure on time delivery and compliance within the QC department
- Manage and co-ordinate the storage of QC samples including maintenance of inventory logs, execution of routine stock checks and discard of reference material
- Manage the storage and supply of master and working cell banks and master and working virus seed banks
- Support routine housekeeping activities in QC including cleaning of equipment and laboratory areas
- Co-ordinate sample logistics for all testing for the release of raw materials
- Apply best cGMP work-practices and techniques to sampling and management of testing and release of raw materials and stability samples
- Design and implement product stability studies.
- Co-ordinate and schedule the testing of stability samples on a weekly, monthly and annual basis to ensure all stability time points are met.
- Co-ordinate submission of stability samples to QC, or external test houses for testing.
- Report stability data via interim and annual reports
- Ensure that facilities and equipment required to adequately support required stability studies and sample storage are maintained appropriately.
- Provide cover for raw materials and shipment activities when required
- Identify and implement areas for continuous improvement and escalate to Lab Manager
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment within the team setting
- To undertake any other duties in accordance with company requirements
- Degree in biological sciences or relevant experience
- Knowledge of GMP guidelines and regulatory bodies
- Experience of Quality Management Systems
- Awareness of raw materials / stability testing
- Knowledge of sample management / shipping / logistics
Why work for Valneva?
- A competitive salary, rewarding benefits package and the opportunity to work on a ground breaking vaccine project
- Real career development opportunities and a life-long career with an innovative, forward thinking vaccine specialist with family values
- Flexible working options