Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on prevention against diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers and various vaccines in development including unique vaccines against Lyme disease, chikungunya and COVID-19.
To enhance our team, we are looking for a Research Assistant (m/f/d) for our Preclinical Vaccine Development Department (100%) as soon as possible.
- Perform and setup of serological assay such as ELISA, Flow cytometry, cell based functional assays and bactericidal assays and cell culture
- Perform and setup of molecular biology experiments e.g. molecular cloning, PCR (qPCR, RT-qPCR) and sample preparation for sequencing
- Plan experiments, evaluate and summarize data in reports
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Train co-workers on internal methods, procedures and equipment use
- Support the organization and the daily laboratory activities within the Pre-clinical Vaccine Development Department
- Preferably 1-2 years experience with immunological or virological techniques within lifescience industry
- MTA, BTA, Dipl. Ing. (FH) or M.Sc. in a relevant field (e.g. mmmunology, microbiology, molecular biology)
- Accurate with attention to details
- Willing to help out with animal (e.g. mice) work when needed
- Open-minded, communicative team player
- Ability to work under time pressure on multiple projects in a changing environment
- Proactive work style
- Good English language skills
- Eager to work with computers, data processing software and data bases
- Used to work in international work environment
- Open, appreciative company culture with innovative spirit and attractive assignments
- International surrounding with flat hierarchies
- Good team spirit in a strong and highly motivated team
- Wide range of benefits
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is € 34.000,- gross per year based on full-time employment. However our salaries are market oriented and in line with your qualifications and experience.