Valneva is a biotech company developing and commercializing vaccines for infectious diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers, one for the prevention of Japanese encephalitis and one for the prevention of cholera, and has various vaccines in development including a unique vaccine against Lyme disease.
To enhance our team, we are looking for a Scientist (m/f) for our Assay Development Department.
As member of the highly motivated Assay Development team, you will support the department for assay set-up, development and qualification as well as assay transfers for GMP/GCLP use.
- Supervision and performance of assay set-up, development and qualification activities for Valneva’s vaccine development projects as well as commercial products
- Overview of all scientific, technical and organizational aspects (planning, trouble shooting, data analysis and review)
- Provide expertise to other functions within and outside of the company
- Supervision of assay transfer to internal and external clients
- Close collaboration and support for clinical trial material release and stability testing according to cGMP regulation
- Close collaboration with internal clients (e.g. Process Development)
- Writing of expert reports for regulatory submission, abstracts, grants and presentations
- Keep scientific competence up-to-date
- PhD with professional experience (at least 2 years) or Post Doc in relevant scientific field (preferred: molecular biology)
- In-depth understanding/experience of assay development
- Broad background in methodologies with special focus on molecular biology
- Background in bioassays and analytical assays is a plus (e.g. ELISA, HPLC, Bioassays)
- Willingness to work at the interface between development and a GMP-regulated environment
- Ability to work according to challenging timelines
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Computer software and analysis (e.g. MS Excel, SPSS)
- Fluent English (oral and written)
- Open, appreciative company culture with innovative spirit and attractive assignments
- International surrounding with flat hierarchies
- Good team spirit in a strong and highly motivated team
- Wide range of benefits
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is € 45.000,- gross per year based on full-time employment. However our salaries are market oriented and in line with your qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in this challenging position, please send your application (Ref.Nr. 11236-19-05) to the Human Resources Department: email@example.com
Valneva Austria GmbH
Janine Kügle, LL.B., M.A.
Campus Vienna Biocenter 3
Tel: +43 1 206 20 1348