Valneva is a biotech company developing and commercializing vaccines for infectious diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers, one for the prevention of Japanese encephalitis and one for the prevention of cholera, and has various vaccines in development including a unique vaccine against Lyme disease.
The company has principal sites in Vienna (Austria), Livingston (Scotland), Nantes (France), Solna (Sweden) and dedicated commercial offices in Gaithersburg (U.S.), Lyon (France) and Montreal (Canada).
We are looking for a Senior Global Brand Manager.
The incumbent works in collaboration with the Head of Global Marketing to develop and execute Valneva’s global brand strategies with the objective of delivering brand performance objectives, creating harmonized branding across markets and providing guidance and tools to country teams.
Responsibilities include brand definition, business strategy planning and evaluation, market segmentation, market research, and brand equity management.
- Develop and provide strategic planning and commercial input to support value maximization of Valneva’s global commercial brands and future brands.
- Brand strategy development including positioning, brand image, pricing, messaging, etc
- Conduct in-depth analysis of market environment including identification of business drivers per segment, priorities and growth opportunities.
- Design and monitor key business performance indicators.
Operational Brand Management
- Participate in the development of country business plans, identifying areas of risk/ opportunity and provide input to country teams to address.
- Collaborate with local teams in the development of marketing programs for assigned brands across Valneva markets (US, Canada, Europe),. Manage selected project groups with local marketers.
- Lead development of global promotional campaign in collaboration with selected communication agency: edetail, patient booklets, HCP booklets, etc.
- Take part in the briefing, selection and management of the agencies selected for the implementation of market research studies.
- Conduct ad hoc market reviews, analyzing the impact and results of our marketing and communication actions implemented in regards with the objectives of our markets and set KPIs.
- Coordinate Valneva’s participation in international congresses/ meeting: liaising with Medical Affairs department, running the stand, preparing material and communication tools.
- Support in the allocation of product budget to maximize ROI.
- Work closely with local marketing teams to support them and promote a global approach of the brand management.
- Work with Head of Global Marketing in development and deployment of Global Brand Plan across country organizations.
- Collaborate with Head of Global Marketing to prepare pre-launch activities for future vaccines.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives. These groups include external customers and consumers, Affiliate Marketing, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing, Logistics, Public Affairs, Legal, Medical, Executive Management and external vendors or agencies.
Education / Experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience of Brand Management experience in Pharmaceutical industry with a significant experience in vaccines on several European and North American markets.
- Experience in development of marketing action plan, business plan, and development of appropriate communication strategies.
- Experience in launching product at global level.
- PharmD and Postgraduate in Business (Business school of University)
- Imperative professional knowledge of English (verbal and written)
- Strong knowledge elements of the marketing mix: price, product, promotion, distribution and data tools
- Good knowledge of IT applications (Pack office, Adobe, VEEVA…)
- Experienced in communication agencies management
- Good knowledge of the pharmaceutical / life science industry
- Expertise in the regulatory environment and compliance with the standards of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Good analytical skills and creativity, capacity to think out of the box
- Strong autonomy and proactivity
- Good handling of figures in the frame of market studies or controlling (budget)
- Experience in managing multi-cultural environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team spirit
- Open, appreciative company culture with innovative spirit and attractive assignments
- International surrounding with flat hierarchies
- Good team spirit in a strong and highly motivated team
- Wide range of benefits
If you are interested in this challenging position, please send your application to the Human Resources Department: email@example.com
6 rue Alain Bombard
Tel: 02 28 07 14 17