Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19.
Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 600 employees.
Due to the increase in business we are currently recruiting for a Stores Person to work on a 12 month fixed term contract to work at our Livingston site.
To support all Supply Chain activities including receipt of all raw materials and consumables, stock control and transferring materials between Valneva sites. Adhering to Valneva policies, ensure raw material stocks are available in the right locations at all times.
- Receipt and quarantine of supplies
- Identify and take responsibility for achieving personal training standards required
- Take personal responsibility for the safe operation within the Warehousing
- Awareness of the relevant modules of Valneva’s electronic supply management system
- Support in the implementing of systems, policies and procedures for effective running of the stores, taking into account any relevant regulatory requirements.
- Receiving deliveries and ensuring that the material conforms to that specified on the purchase order and internal specifications
- Inform QC of materials that require release approval and move all deliveries to the appropriate areas
- Operate first in first out (FIFO) policy and first expired (FEFO) for raw materials and consumables
- Replenish the stock via the inventory management process, ensuring stock is available on time
- Clear stores of any un-used and expired material as per standard operating procedures
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in the warehousing areas
- You will be required to travel between Valneva Scotland sites
- You will be required to drive company vehicles including transferring materials between sites
- You will be required to work different shift patterns between Day shift/Back shift and continental shifts as determined by the business needs.
- Removal of the waste generated by Goods In
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
- You will also be responsible for your own QMS
- Stores experience preferably within a structured (GMP/GLP) environment
- Current driving licence pre January 1997 to allow driving of company vehicle
- Forklift, Counter Balance and Reach Truck Experienced preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills