Valneva is a biotech company developing and commercializing vaccines for infectious diseases with major unmet needs. Valneva’s portfolio includes two commercial vaccines for travelers, one for the prevention of Japanese encephalitis and one for the prevention of cholera, and has various vaccines in development including a unique vaccine against Lyme disease.
Valneva Austria GmbH, a subsidiary of Valneva SE, focuses on pre-clinical and clinical vaccine development and QC testing. The company is located at the Campus Vienna Biocenter, a melting pot of biotechnology and life sciences in Vienna. The site with its state-of-the-art R&D and QC laboratories holds a GMP certificate from the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety (AGES) and was successfully licensed by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for QC testing of Valneva´s marketed Japanese encephalitis vaccine.
We want to advertise a post (full-time) for a Technical Assistant (m/f) in our Quality Control Department, which is limited to 1,5 years.
- Execution of diverse analytical procedures (e.g. ELISA, HPLC, UV VIS spectrophotometry, cell based assays, etc.) for testing of release and stability samples for marketed products according to defined standard operating procedures and protocols in compliance with the same
- Perform routine cell culture
- Execute lab activities for set up, transfer and validation of assays required for the release of raw materials, intermediate products and final products, including preparation/completion of protocols and reports
- Conduct on-time reporting according to the defined and trained document management standards including review and verification of analytical data
- Preparation and review of GMP relevant documentation (e.g. Deviations, Changes, SOPs)
- Active participation in laboratory investigations and documentation thereof (e.g. in case of Deviations)
- Assume responsibility for laboratory equipment including qualification thereof and oversight of regular cleaning, calibration and maintenance
- Bachelor/Master Degree or equivalent level in a relevant scientific field
- Excellent technical lab skills (immunological assays, cell culture, chemical / biochemical / bioanalytical methods)
- Experience in cell culture
- Experience with equipment qualification and method validation is a plus
- Excellent organizational, documentation management and teamwork skills
- Proactive, accurate, reliable working style and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on competing projects with limited resources
- Open, appreciative company culture with innovative spirit and attractive assignments
- International surrounding with flat hierarchies
- Good team spirit in a strong and highly motivated team
- Wide range of benefits
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary for this position, which is € 31.000,- gross per year based on full-time employment. However our salaries are market oriented and in line with your qualifications and experience.
If you are interested in this challenging position, please send your application (Ref.Nr. 11231-19-04-vbc) to the Human Resources Department: email@example.com
Valneva Austria GmbH
Janine Kügle, LL.B., M.A.
Campus Vienna Biocenter 3
Tel: +43 1 206 20 1348