Valneva is a specialty vaccine company focused on the development and commercialization of prophylactic vaccines for infectious diseases with significant unmet medical need. Valneva has leveraged its expertise and capabilities both to successfully commercialize two vaccines and to rapidly advance a broad range of vaccine candidates into and through the clinic, including candidates against Lyme disease, the chikungunya virus and COVID-19.
Valneva has operations in Austria, Sweden, the United Kingdom, France, Canada and the U.S. with over 600 employees.
An opportunity has arisen at Valneva Scotland for a Training Specialist within the HR Team.
Experienced Training Specialist to support our organisational training strategy, oversee the implementation of new systems of work and manage the outcomes. Liaising with all our departments, you will gain an understanding of individuals’ development and training needs and produce innovative ideas and initiatives that move us forward in our learning culture, recording compliance and adherence to GDPR. Driving forward a blended training initiative, fostering our strong team culture, ensuring our people are knowledgeable and future-ready.
- Overseeing all training programmes that will include web based seminars, group sessions, training videos and more
- Determine training needs and requirements for the organisation by partnering with managers / departmental training coordinators and the wider business
- Help departments adopt competency based training / scheduled of all training activities
- Create training calendars to improve training efficiency
- Support departmental training coordinators to ensure current training materials are relevant and appropriate
- Support departmental training coordinators to modify and create training materials to meet specific departmental training needs
- Support departmental training coordinators to develop and ensure delivery of a training plan to build on the skills of current personnel and allow rapid contribution from new personnel
- Work with managers / departmental training coordinators to ensure there are systems in place to highlight skills gaps and develop training plans to combat this
- Manage training costs to ensure training represents good value for money and costs are maintained within budget
- Keeping abreast of new educational and training techniques as well as ground breaking methodologies
- On a day to day basis plan, co-ordinate training activities across all departments
- To oversee that best cGMP work practices and techniques to train staff are being applied.
- Ensure that all staff are appropriately trained and competent in the procedures they are conducting and are in compliance with best cGMP working practices at all times
- Maintain the training facilities in an operationally ready state ensuring any issues requiring engineering intervention are reported promptly
- Develop and ensure delivery of a training plan to build on the skills of current personnel and allow rapid contribution from new personnel
- Help develop and maintain competency levels within all manufacturing
- Conduct all activities in the most careful and safe manner and in full compliance with HSE requirements
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive, and collaborative environment within the team setting.
- Ensure that all staff are appropriately trained and competent in the procedures they are conducting and are in compliance with best cGMP working practices at all times working with department head / supervisors.
- Help develop and maintain competency levels within all JEV manufacturing
- To undertake any other duties as requested by line manager in accordance with company requirements
- Responsible for all training record to be accurate & compliant via QMS & any local system.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the Pharma industry
- Maintenance of a professional attitude
- Encouraging and developing staff
- Ability to develop a team culture
- Experience in coordinating activities across multiple departments
- Experience with traditional and modern training methods (classroom training, e learning, workshops, mentoring etc.)
- Proven track record of training staff