Liaise and negotiate with critical suppliers to secure the most favourable terms for the immediate and strategic long term business requirements. To ensure through day to day planning and supervision that all materials, services and equipment is procured in line with quality and regulatory expectations, at the most favourable cost and in compliance with Company procedure.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to prepare for finalisation of contracts for goods, services and materials in accordance with Company policy
- Carry out all procurement activities to defined SOP’s and protocols for the effective sourcing and supply of materials and services, ensuring they are executed in compliance with cGMP standards
- Coordinate with key internal stakeholders to prepare and support negotiations with critical suppliers. Deliver quantitative cost, quality and service improvement as a result of negotiation
- Support in the development of strategic business partnerships with the appropriate supplier’s based on risk and commercial opportunity. Plan and develop new, improved sources of supply for current and future needs with an obligation to permanently gain information on requirements, market, prices and generally important economic issues and coherences.
- Collate and report key quality and business metrics, and use such metrics to drive a culture of continuous process improvement
- Ensure that any deviations to materials, services, facilities, processes or procedures are being escalated and addressed in an appropriate, timely fashion
- Be accountable that all direct and indirect work areas are clean, tidy and well organised and in a state of continuous inspection readiness. Conduct all activities in the most careful and safe manner and in full compliance with HSE requirements.
- Ensure that any change controls, investigations and CAPA´s related to procurement are being escalated and addressed in an appropriate, timely fashion
- Identify areas for continuous improvement
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment within the team-setting
- Ensure ERP system data is maintained in a timely and accurate fashion
- Manage external warehouses for call off material, ensuring adequate stocks of materials are on hand at all times and in date for manufacturing requirements
- Create and maintain risk plans for all critical materials
- Working cross functionally, improve the performance of existing suppliers and escalate, as appropriate, poor performance possible alternative routes of supply
- Shift work and out of hours work as required
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
- Relevant work experience in a regulated industry preferably in Manufacturing or Logistics
- Strong knowledge of (and experience working within) quality management systems and cGMP
- CIPS qualified, or relevant qualification/education in Procurement
- Strong knowledge and experience in the preparation and execution of high level management supplier negotiations.
- Experience managing a complex supply chain to highlight and mitigate areas of risk
- Lean or 6-Sigma experience or working experience would be favourable
- Proven track record of building strategic long term and value add supplier relationships implementing the appropriate agreements and contracts
- Strong IT Skills, including all MS Office applications
- Strong business and commercial acumen with the ability to focus and prioritise critical tasks
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
- Self-motivated, energetic and value-driven
- Ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines