Ladies and gentlemen, the Shareholders of Valneva SE (the “Company”) are informed that the Combined General Meeting of the Company will be held on June 23, 2021, at 2 p.m. CEST, at the Company’s registered office located at 6 rue Alain Bombard, 44800 Saint-Herblain (France), as a closed meeting, without the physical presence or participation by telephone or video conference of the shareholders and other persons entitled to attend.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to the French Ordinance No. 2020-321 of March 25, 2020 and the French Decree No. 2020-418 of April 10, 2020 in their versions in force as at the date hereof, and as a result, in particular, of the French Decree No. 2021-255 of March 9, 2021 extending until July 31, 2021 the measures for adapting the rules for meetings and governing bodies of legal entities and entities without legal personality under private law due to the COVID-19 epidemic, the Company has decided to hold its Combined General Meeting as a closed meeting. The Meeting will therefore be held at the Company’s registered office, without the physical presence or participation by telephone or video conference of its shareholders and other persons entitled to attend.
Indeed, as at the date of publication of the preliminary notice of meeting in the French Bulletin des Annonces Légales Obligatoires (see “Meeting documentation” below), administrative measures restricting or prohibiting travel or collective meetings for health and safety reasons prevent the physical presence of shareholders and other persons entitled to attend the Meeting, considering in particular the number of persons normally allowed to enter the Meeting and the need to ensure compliance with all governmental measures currently in force in France with respect to the control of the COVID-19 epidemic.
In addition, given the technical difficulties, especially in connection with the authentication of shareholders prior to or during the Meeting, the Management Board decided not to set up any system allowing participation in the Meeting by telephone or audiovisual conference.
Instead, the Combined General Meeting will be broadcast via audio webcast. Both the live webcast and recording will be available on the Company’s website www.valneva.com (accessible on this page, and in the “Investors” / “Videos and Webcasts” section of this website).
In this context, shareholders will only be entitled to exercise their voting rights remotely and in advance of the Meeting.
Shareholders will thus be able to vote by mail, or give proxy to the Chair of the Meeting (preferably) or to any other individual or legal entity of their choice:
- either by Internet, via the secured platform VOTACCESS (recommended method),
- or by using the single vote by mail or proxy form provided for this purpose (see “Meeting documentation” section below).
No admission cards will be issued to shareholders for this Meeting.
Please also note that it will not be possible to ask questions or to submit draft amendments or new resolutions during the Meeting. Shareholders will however have the possibility to send their written questions prior to the Meeting, including by email, to the following address: email@example.com.
Pursuant to Article 8, III of the French Decree No. 2020-418 of April 10, 2020, the shareholders are informed that the Company’s Management Board has appointed Mr. Franck GRIMAUD and Mr. Frédéric JACOTOT as Observers for this Combined General Meeting.
Mr. Franck GRIMAUD and Mr. Frédéric JACOTOT both accepted this position.
We recommend that our shareholders regularly consult this web page related to the 2021 Combined General Meeting.
Special conditions of participation in the Combined General Meeting held as
a closed meeting
Updated on June 2, 2021
We invite our shareholders to download the conditions of participation applicable to our Combined General Meeting held as a closed meeting (see below), in order to be informed of all relevant information related to (a) voting by mail or by proxy, (b) the right for shareholders to send written questions or to submit items or draft resolutions in advance of the Meeting, and (c) the consultation of Meeting documentation:
- Modalités particulières de participation à l’Assemblée Générale Mixte tenue à huis clos
Special conditions of participation in the Combined General Meeting held as a closed meeting
Updated on June 29, 2021
- Ordre du jour
- Projets de résolutions
- Rapport du directoire à l’Assemblée Générale Mixte
Management Board Report to the Combined General Meeting
- Composition du directoire et du conseil de surveillance
Current members of the Boards
- Exposé sommaire de la situation du Groupe au cours de l’exercice écoulé
Summary on the Group situation during the past fiscal year
- Comptes consolidés 2020, incluant le rapport des Commissaires aux Comptes y afférent
2020 Consolidated financial statements, including the Statutory Auditors Report
- Comptes sociaux 2020, incluant le rapport des Commissaires aux Comptes y afférent
2020 Parent entity financial statements, including the Statutory Auditors Report
- Rapport de gestion 2020 (Rapport inclus au sein du Document d’enregistrement universel 2020 de la Société – Table de concordance en Section 6.4.2 dudit Document)
2020 Annual Management Report (Report included in the Company’s 2020 Universal Registration Document – see the Table of cross-references in Section 6.4.2 of said Document)
- Résultats des 5 derniers exercices
Results of the Company for the last 5 years
- Tableau des délégations en matière d’augmentation de capital
Authorizations for capital increases
- Formulaire de demande d’envoi de documents
Document request form
- Tableau d’affectation du résultat
Allocation of net income
- Formulaire Unique de vote par correspondance ou par Procuration & Livret de documents associés
Single Vote by mail or Proxy form & related booklet
- Rapports spéciaux du directoire à l’Assemblée Générale Ordinaire (Articles L. 225-177 à L. 225-186 du Code de commerce et L. 225-197-1 à L. 225-197-4 du Code de commerce)
Special Management Board reports to the Ordinary General Meeting (Articles L. 225-177 to L. 225-186 of the French Commercial code and L. 225-197-1 to L. 225-197-4 of the French Commercial code)
- Rapport du conseil de surveillance sur le Gouvernement d’entreprise établi pour l’exercice 2020
Report by the Supervisory Board on the Corporate Governance for the fiscal year 2020
- Rapports des Commissaires aux Comptes à l’Assemblée
Statutory Auditors’ reports to the General Meeting
- Rapport complémentaire du directoire et Rapport des Commissaires aux Comptes y afférent
Additional report of the Management Board (French only) and related Statutory Auditors’ report
- Attestation des Commissaires aux Comptes sur les informations relatives au montant global des rémunérations versées aux personnes les mieux rémunérées sur l’exercice 2020
Statutory Auditors’ statement on the information related to the highest paid compensation in 2020
- Avis préalable de réunion publié au BALO du 19 mai 2021
Preliminary Notice of Meeting published in the French Bulletin des Annonces Légales Obligatoires of May 19, 2021 (French only)
- Nombre total d’actions et de droits de vote à la date de publication de l’avis préalable au BALO
Total number of shares and voting rights at the publication date of the preliminary Notice of Meeting in the Bulletin des Annonces Légales Obligatoires
Attention: For legal reasons, the Annual General Meeting will be held in French. However, the written presentation is available in both French and English.